Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Spring Break: beach trip day 1

We decided to do a family beach trip over spring break. It was really wonderful even though it was very cold. I think Ansley and Logan bonded. Next year we'll have to plan much farther in advance. There weren't many hotel options left by the time we decided. We started out day one by driving from Gainesville to Fort Desoto. We had a picnic and did some exploring. Logan loved the seagulls and Ansley saw her first wild dolphin!



Fort Desoto was beautiful! I wish it had not been quite as cold and windy though. Jon and I were able to check a few new birds off of our list.







The kids loved exploring our hotel suite. After some relaxation time and dinner we headed down to the beach to watch the sunset (my one non-negotiable thing I HAD to do on the trip :) Lucky for me we got to do this both nights).















No comments:

Post a Comment