Saturday, February 25, 2012

What do you do all day?

I didn't pre-plan this post, so the pictures could be better. The sequence of things just reminded me of when Ansley was a few months old and people would ask, "What do you do all day at home?" Here's a semi typical day of how things go until Jon gets home from work:

Both kids woke up earlier than they normally do. It was probably right at 7am. Jon was still home, so he got Ans up and she did some reading on the couch. This is not typical because normally the moment she enters the living room in the morning she asks to watch a show.

I get Logan up and feed him. I'm sure Ansley was watching a show at this point. Logan goes on his playmat while I make Ansy's breakfast.

Ansley eats, I finish my coffee, check Pinterest/update the blog/check email/or actually eat breakfast myself (listed in order of most to least likely to happen) for 10 minutes and then feed Logan his solids.

The night before I tried scrubbing the flakes off Logan's head and he woke in the morning with a baby faux hawk.

Because it was an early wake up morning I had to find something to take Ansley's mind off the 20 Dora's she would otherwise want to watch. Today's activity: building a farm out of Legos, cardboard boxes and things from our recycle bin.

We had 2 hours to play, get ready and meet Natalie and Aubrey at the mall. Ansley was so into this activity she didn't want to stop and we were late meeting them.

Playing...

Logan played on the floor next to us for a while before going for a short morning nap in his crib. It is normally short because I have to wake him up so we can get out of the house to do something. Poor little guy :)

More playing (I probably got dressed about this time)...

I was finally able to tear her away from the farm to get an outfit on. Ansley got a snack and we all got in the car. After two hours at the mall playground (Logan drank his second bottle here) and Chickfila we headed back home.

Somewhere between the mall and home Logan leaked out of his diaper. I put Ansley for a nap, cleaned Logan up, fed him, let him play while I took the cover off the car seat, started a load of laundry, played with the little boy some more and then put him down for a nap.

Luckily Ansley actually took a nap. Most days she does, but twice a week or so we miss the window. I probably had about an hour to clean up, watch a dvr-ed show, do some computering or whatever between when Logan went for a nap and she woke up. Once she got up we added a pool to her farm and eventually Jon came home. So there you have it. Probably more detail about what we do in a day than you really wanted to know :)

2 comments:

  1. Love this post, Amanda! You get so much more done in a day than I do. Wish I had your creativity....love the DIY farm idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks. That's funny because I think the same thing about you every time I read your blog!

      Delete