Friday, September 23, 2011

7 weeks

This week Logan began stretching out his night time feedings. Monday was a 7 (!), Tuesday 5, Wednesday 5 and last night 6. Another 7 would be great, although I'm sure it will be a while before that happens again. Babywise says around 8 weeks they should be sleeping thorough the night, which means one almost 8 hour stretch. The good news is it looks like that's the way he's headed. Logan now smiles in response to your smiles. He's making lots of noises and tries talking to me everyday during diaper changes. However, he still seems to get fussy not too long after eating and the only thing that soothes him is the swing. I thought it was gas, but am wondering again if maybe it really is some mild case of reflux. He goes in for his 2 month check-up in a week, so I'll ask about it then. Another theory I have is that he just gets overstimulated by the noise of the TV, Ansley, Ansley's toys, me talking to Ansley and whatever else is going on. It never seems to happen in the middle of the night. When Ans was born our house was quiet and calm. I rarely had the TV on in the background. I think the swing allows him to tune out and have the "quiet awake" time babies need. I need to be more mindful of the TV. It's hard though because during nursing it helps distract Ansley and gives me something to do. I guess I should come up with something better. Another possible cause of Logan's discomfort is that he hasn't pooped since Monday night (I'm sure everyone really wants to know that). So far, he's happiest while getting a bath (he LOVES the bath and never cries during), sitting in his swing, eating, on the changing table with a fresh diaper on, up over your shoulder being walked around or looking at the fridge (I think the colorful magnets contrast well on the black background).

Sitting in his seat, looking at the fridge and hanging animals

Finally busted out the cloth diapers on Thursday.

They fit, but are so bulky.

Jon says they make him look like a Who because he has a long body with a rotund bottom.

His eyes are definitely not the same as Ansley's. Hers were an obvious blue by now and his are beginning to look more hazel. At this stage they could still turn all the way brown because the baby grayness hasn't gone away yet.



2 comments:

  1. He has the cutest little face! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We must plan to meet soon! i cannot believe how big he has gotten! :/!!!

    ReplyDelete