Saturday, August 27, 2011

3 weeks old

Logan had his weight check yesterday and guess what... He's 8 lbs 1 oz! That's 6 ounces in 7 days! So much better than expected and it's above his birth weight. I was shocked since Tuesday he still only weighed 7.12. This week I started taking fenugreek, pumped after feedings 1-2 times a day, did a "power pump" once a day and gave him breast milk by bottle when he still seemed hungry after nursing. It's been a lot of work. I'm not sure I can sustain doing all of these things long term. I want to slap myself now for saying how much easier it is this time only a few days after coming home from the hospital :) At this point it seems the worst case scenario is I'd have to give him an ounce or two of formula after nursing if he was still hungry and I didn't have any stored milk left. Hopefully my body will catch up or Logan will become a more proficient nurser soon (I think he's getting better). I'm just glad the little guy finally had a growth spurt!









No comments:

Post a Comment