Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Quarantine

Last weekend we went to Orlando for Jon's mom's birthday. It was a lot of fun. Ansley started doing this really cute thing where when she's super happy about something she says "excited!" (well, it sounds more like "cyted") and shakes her little fists. Even if we weren't planning on doing whatever it is she's excited about, it's hard not to just give in. It's so cute! She also went in the pool and did a good job at attempting to "swim" while we held her. Jon dunked her for the first time (more than once) and she took it pretty well.

Monday morning I had another doctor's visit at 9:40 am that was supposed to be really quick. I only needed a Rhogam shot, in and out. Little did I know that it wasn't going to be easy and that this was the start of a very stressful day. Because my doctor never told me I needed to have blood drawn, I had to leave the appointment, go to TWO blood labs and then come back to the doctor's office for the shot. By the time I got back there it was 1:00 pm. Ansley had been beyond wonderful until we showed up at the doctor's office for the second time, with no lunch and at nap time. She had a total melt down. I was so frustrated sitting in the waiting room that I just got up, walked past reception to the the nurses station and said, "I'm here, do I need to wait anymore, I just need my shot". They got me right in. When Ans and I finally got home I noticed some weird blisters on her feet that looked like a possible allergic reaction. Over the weekend she had a few red bumps, but I thought it was from walking in the grass without shoes on. And, coincidentally, she got new shoes Saturday which could have been a culprit too. The blisters looked pretty bad, but I didn't want to keep her up any longer since it was now 2:00 pm. She went for a nap and I decided to get a second opinion from Jon when she woke up. We ended up taking her to the doctor that afternoon, where she screamed most of the time. She had a low fever, and after looking in her mouth and finding sores there too, they diagnosed her with a virus. She'll apparently be most contagious for the rest of the week while her symptoms are showing. Ahh! Looks like a week of finding activities to entertain her without exposing other kids. Yesterday, we took a trip to Lowe's to "look" at the flowers. Then, once back at home I pulled out the water bin and we potted some plants (Ansley actually helped with the dirt). One day down, three more to go...

Before she decided that sitting in the water would be more fun

She LOVES her new ceramic cardinal (it stays outside in one of the potted plants). She'd put it in the water and say "swimming" over and over.

Action sequence...




Not sure why she looks so surprised here

"Swimming"

Happy girl :)

Some of the plants we potted


No comments:

Post a Comment