Thursday, May 19, 2011

Out of the house...

I decided Ansley needed to get out. The last two days have been spent either running errands or at home. We went to a park that is almost always empty during the middle of the day. There was no one else playing so she spent a lot of time on the swing and slide. Because the virus is making her mouth sore, she hasn't really been eating solid foods. She'll ask for something specific, like apples or avocado, take a bite, say "ouch" and then not eat anymore. I've been making her a lot of smoothies. Tuesday morning was yogurt/milk/blueberry/banana/flax seed, Tuesday late afternoon strawberry/frozen yogurt/milk and Wednesday's lunch banana/peanut butter/flax seed/milk/frozen peas. I wasn't sure how she'd feel about the peas, but I tried it and couldn't taste them. She didn't seem to notice either and sucked that thing down. At least there were some veggies in one of her meals! She didn't eat much for dinner last night when we tried normal solid bland foods, so I guess I'll have to stick with this strategy for a few more days.


No comments:

Post a Comment