Monday, May 30, 2011

Nursery Progress and Nesting

This weekend we did some major work on the little guy's soon to be room with Jon's parents.
Before pics, after we sold our guest furniture...





And progress. I didn't take a picture with the camera before we moved the boxes of baby stuff to be organized and put away back in, so my not so good phone pic will have to do for now.

I have also been cleaning like a crazy person over the last two weeks and should have taken some before and after pictures of our master bedroom bathroom. It's a super small space without any sort of ventilation and mildews really easily (you can see that here). I scrubbed the entire tile shower stall and 2 inch tile floor with Tilex and a tooth brush. Jon told me I was out of my mind and that that's what prisoners have to do for punishment. It was probably not the best thing for a pregnant lady to be doing because I ended up getting a headache from the fumes. Now I'm on a kick again to find decent non-toxic cleaners. I have yet to find anything that cleans mildew like Tilex or bleach. I even tried a few vinegar, baking soda, etc. mixtures, but they just don't whiten as well. My all purpose Shaklee cleaner did do a good enough job on the small test area in our main bathroom, but that was just dirty and not mildewy. In looking around online for cleaning stuff I found these re-usable Swiffer pads and am thinking of either buying a few or trying to make my own. I tried making some really cheap-o covers out of one of Jon's old t-shirts already. It worked ok, but had to be changed four times to finish the house (which isn't very big). About two months ago I did a spring clean of our kitchen that has kept up pretty well. I thought about posting my daily spring cleaning task for the two weeks or so I did that, but was afraid I wouldn't have the motivation to stick with it and then wouldn't be able to follow through with the posts (my old mildewy shower post link above is an example of this). I got to pretty much everything on my list done (a modified version of Flylady and Martha Stewart spring cleaning) except wiping down the freezer and cleaning out the oven. The oven should be really easy because it self-cleans, but I've never used the function before. It kind of intimidates me. I somehow got it in my head that I might blow up the house while it's on... is that even possible? I don't know. I guess I should just look at the manual.

No comments:

Post a Comment