Tuesday, February 22, 2011

16 Weeks

I had my 16 week appointment yesterday. Not too much to update on. At my last visit, the doctor said maybe she'd try to get an early guess of the sex, but I had a feeling that it might not happen. I was right. She instantly was able to get the heartbeat on the doppler, so an ultrasound wasn't necessary this time. She did say she could tell the little peanut was moving around a lot because of all the "whooshing" noises. I've been able to feel movements from time to time for a few weeks now and am looking forward to when they get more consistent. It seems like I "popped" out more this weekend (although still not obviously pregnant in loose clothing). It may be because I lost weight during the virus last week and then my body played catch up once I started eating normal again. Even so, I've only gained 2 pounds in the last four weeks (putting me at an overall gain of 4 pounds). The doctor threw it out there as something to keep track of. It's a little under average. I should gain about a pound a week at this point, but I'm sure it's just due to the few days of being sick. I guess this means I have free range at McDonald's from now on right? Just kidding :) My blood pressure was still low (yay!) 108/60 and all other stats looked good. Now I'm just counting down the next two weeks until the ultra sound where we'll find out if Ans is going to have a little brother or sister!

16 Week Bump

** 2/25 Update for my own memory purposes: Since this post I have felt a flurry of baby movement everyday. The first little "is that the baby moving?" blip was around 10 weeks. In the 16-17th week I began to feel the little plinks on a daily basis.

2 comments:

  1. aww you're so cute and tiny!! i cant wait to find out what "it" is!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I don't feel that tiny anymore :) I know, me too!!! 13 days...

    ReplyDelete