Friday, July 31, 2009

3rd time in the hospital and home...

BubbleShare: Share photos - Easy Photo Sharing


July 26th-30th, 2009
So, when they discharged me the 2nd time they didn't give me any meds for my blood pressure which still had a few peaks. We had to go back to the hospital for a 3rd time a day and a half later because of some spikes. This time Jon and Ansley stayed in the room with me (we were still on the labor and delivery floor and not among the normal germ filled "sick patient" rooms). It was a very interesting first two weeks of having a new baby, not quite how I had pictured it in my head :o) I spent another 4 days in the hospital and then was discharged, this time with blood pressure medication. So far so good...we have at least made it past the day and a half mark of being at home before having to go back so that is a good sign. The doctors seem uncertain if what I'm experiencing is postpartum hypertension or postpartum pre eclampsia. It is uncommon to develop either after the baby is born and they don't know why or how long exactly it will last. It normally goes away on its own anywhere from a few days to a few weeks after popping up. It is a little scary when you can gain more knowledge on what is happening to you from reading wikipedia for 30min than the doctors have from years of practice and med school.

No comments:

Post a Comment